Have You Completed 16 Units in HUX?
If you have completed 16 units or more in HUX, you need to begin preparing right now for entering the final phase of the degree. A number of tasks must be completed in sequence, and not all are obvious. Read this page NOW if you are at or near the half-way point in your degree. In fact, you might find the Advancement to Candidacy forms linked below to be helpful early in your program, as you are planning which courses to take. Visit the Second Half page.
Preparation for Graduation.This page gives an overview of all of the steps you need to take to finish the program as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Advancement to Candidacy. Don't delay in submitting your ATC application forms and exams. Read the information about timing and requirements.
- Get the HUX Guide to Doing Research in the Humanities before preparing your thesis or creative project proposal.
- Final Thesis/Project general information
- Sequence of Steps in the Thesis/Project Process
- CSUDH Thesis and Project page. Not all of the information on this page applies to HUX students. But near the bottom of the page you will find links to the CSUDH Thesis and Project Guide in Adobe PDF and Word versions. HUX students must follow this guide closely in preparing their capstone thesis or project.
Check out our Online Resources page for information about a variety of resources available online to HUX students, most of which are provided by our university. In particular, don't miss the information about how to easily access thousands of academic journal articles (full-text articles, downloaded to your computer in the privacy of your home) via CSUDH's Distance Learning Library resources. Every HUX student needs this information.
University Resources for HUX Students
- Financial Aid
- GWE--Graduate Writing Exam requirement
- Library resources
- Student email
- Used Textbooks--how to purchase
- University Catalogue
- About the HUX program
- Advancement to Candidacy
- Appeals, Complaints, Grievances
- Assignment submission instructions
- Calendar of due dates and events
- Calendar Archive--past terms
- Continuous Attendance requirement and HUX 600
- Contract courses (HUX 594, 598, 599)--how to enroll
- Creative Study Option application process
- Dropping a course
- Forms and Contracts--PDF files
- Frenquently Asked Questions
- Grading information
- Graduation preparation
- HUX office
- HUX Guide to Doing Research in the Humanties
- Independent Study course creation
- Instructor/course evaluation
- Program description
- Registration information
- Rights as a Student
- Thesis/Project proposal course (HUX 598)
- Thesis/Project writing course (HUX 599)
- Transferring credits into HUX