WITHDRAWAL FROM HUX COURSES
CSU policy for dropping a course or withdrawing from the term during weeks 4-11 requires that the student briefly explain a serious and compelling reason for withdrawing and obtain approvals from instructor(s), chair and administrators. (For CSUDH policy see: http://www.csudh.edu/StudentAffairs/admissionsrecords/records.shtml.)
Outlined below is a process for distance students to follow in order to file a withdrawal request during weeks 4 through 11.
Student sends packet of materials to Extended Education Registration Office
College of Extended and International Education
Extended Education Registration, ATTN: Registrar
California State University Dominguez-Hills
1000 E. Victoria Street, EE 1100
Carson, CA 90747
Phone 310-243-3741 email EEreg@csudh.edu
- Change of Program form completed http://www.csudh.edu/StudentAffairs/admissionsrecords/documents/change-of-program.pdf.
- Letter or email explaining serious and compelling reason for requesting withdrawal and appropriate supporting documentation
- Instructor approval memo or email if obtained
- Petition for Exception form completed
- $10 petition fee payment (Check made payable to CSUDH. If paying by credit card payment, please phone 310-243-3741 )
- A student may be eligible to withdraw from a course during weeks 12 to 13. They must submit a Petition for Exception form, a Change of Program Form and evidence of a serious accident or illness. Medical verification is required. Forms available at the URL listed above
This process has been taken out of the HUX program office altogether. Be sure to keep tabs on this process because if it is not completed and the student is not assigned a grade of “W” at the end of the term the student will be assigned a “WU” or a grade of “F.” Remember that this is the student’s grade and therefore the student’s responsibility.
WITHDRAWAL FROM COURSES IS NOT GUARANTEED