HUX 579 - The Arab World: 600 A.D. to the Present
Political and cultural history of the Arab World from the 7th century to the present. Consideration of historiographic problems such as the "Great Man," cycles, and the influence of ideas on events.
Dr. David Churchman, Course Instruction and Course Design (Printed Material)
This Web site requires a Frames-capable browser, such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Humanities External Degree Program
- The following people reviewed this course for accuracy:
His Excellency Ali M. Fakhro, Minister of Education of Bahrein; John Duke Anthony of the National Council on US-Arab Relations; Richard Hobson of the Saudi Arabian Embassy; and Professors Frederic Cadora of Ohio State University; Howard Holter of California State University, Dominguez Hills; Robert Olson of the University of Kentucky; Dwight Reynolds of University of California, Santa Barbara; Barbara Stowasser of Georgetown University; and Lewis Ware of the Air Command and Staff College.
- The maps and illustrations are reproduced from Arab World Notebook, by Audrey Shabbas and Ayad Al-Qazzaz (ISBN 0-9624988-07). The photographs are the author's.
- All color photographs on this Web site taken by/© copyright 1996-97, Dr. David Churchman.
- "Any errors that remain are my responsibility." - Dr. David Churchman.
- Cover Photo: New Mosque on the Nile - Cairo, Egypt.