OSX 974 EPA/Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) (OSX 974) (CEU 0.8)
Federal EPA now REQUIRES Renovation and Painting Contractors and most other trades who work in pre-1978 housing and who might disturb painted surfaces to be come Lead Certified Removers by taking "Lead Safe Work Practices" training. There is a $37,500 fine per infraction for non-compliance.
This course prepares participants for the EPA Renovator Card exam. The course covers health risks, protection measures and understanding of the lead problem. Participants will learn how to prevent lead poisoning.
- LEAD Safety RRP/ EPA
- Federal OSHA Standards for General Industry (29 CFR Part 1926.62) current edition,
Student learning Outcomes
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Recognize why lead is a health concern, and who is at risk.
- List and implement protective measures needed when working with lead.
- Recognize the overall perspective of the lead problem, and identify different types of lead related products
- Apply knowledge to secure the EPA Renovator Card.
Assessment and Evaluation of Student Performance
100% attendance is the sole basis for assessing a student’s performance.
CEU- 0.8 Graded on a CR/NC basis
Attendance Policy Students are expected to attend all class sessions and to be in class on time. No absences are allowed.
|Dates||Time||Meetings||Location||Fee||CSUDH CRS #|
|1/5||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|2/26||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|3/25||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|4/16||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|5/20||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|7/15||8 am - 5 pm||1||CSUDH||$210||TBA|
|9/16||8 am - 5 pm||1||Orange County||$210||TBA|