Assessment Resources & Tools
- Syllabus Tutorial
- Syllabus Construction Organizing Framework
- Scoring Rubrics
- WASC Core Commitments and Standards
To view documents:
The PowerPoint online tutorial on Constructing a CSUDH Syllabus (Download required special reader for PowerPoint Required) was designed to provide the appropriate framework and content for syllabus construction. It also contains links to valuable resources and samples as well as opportunities to construct and download your syllabus. Here are some helpful hints to view the presentation:
- To activate/run the PowerPoint presentation in your browser, go to the PowerPoint menu and select Slide Show and then select From the Beginning. You may also use the shortcut option by clicking the function F5 button to run the slide show in your browser.
- To navigate through the slides, click enter.
- To exit the slide show presentation, hit the escape button and it will bring you back to the list of slides.
This template serves as a guide for organizing the required items in the Syllabus Content Policy (AAAPO16.002, December 10, 2007).
- How to Develop and Use Rubrics (Download required special reader for PowerPoint required)
- Links to Examples of Scoring Rubrics
- Using Scoring Rubrics
- WASC Rubric for Evaluating General Education
- WASC Rubric for Assessing Program Learning Outcomes
- WASC Rubric for Assessing the Integration of Student Learning Assessment into Program Reviews
- WASC Rubric for Assessing the Use of Capstone Experiences
- WASC Rubric for Assessing the Use of Portfolios
- WASC Education Effectiveness Framework
- WASC Inventory of Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- WASC Inventory of Concurrent Accreditation and Key Performance Indicators
- Assessment Clearinghouse Projects
- Articles on Assessment published in Exchanges: The Online Journal of Teaching and Learning in the CSU
- Student Learning Outcomes at CSUDH (PowerPoint required)
- Student Learning Outcomes in the CSU
- CSUDH WASC