Facilities Planning and Construction Management
Welcome to the new Facilities Planning and Construction Management (FPCM) website. Similar to the campus, our website is growing and changing. You will see many new items on our webpages; please explore the information on campus buildings and exciting future plans.
FPCM is responsible for long-and short-term campus planning and the implementation of strategic solutions for the space needs of the University. In order to maximize space utilization, the department works with university administration and faculty to develop space programs for the campus, including new buildings and renovations.
The department is responsible to enforce building, life-safety, and accessibility codes for all campus projects and issue building permits. Additionally, FPCM provides support for the various phases of design and construction relative to major and minor capital projects.
FPCM Services include:
- Building code compliance
- Space generation, utilization, and allocation studies (including the maintenance of the Space and Facilities Database)
- Project coordination during design and bid phases
- Project management / administration during and after the construction phase
- Generation of the Capital Improvement Programs
- Project cost estimating, scoping, and scheduling services for proposed projects
Let us know if our office can assist you with your space planning needs.