Voluntary Benefit Open Enrollment
New Voluntary Benefit Plans
March 1‐31, 2011
The CSU is introducing several new voluntary benefit plans. Provided here is a summary of the new offerings. A special open enrollment will be held March 1‐March 31st, 2011 and benefits will become effective May 1, 2011.
Voluntary Benefits Fair
March 8, 2011
There will be a Voluntary Benefits Fair on Tuesday, March 8th, 9:30 am‐12:30 pm in the Loker Student Union, 2nd Floor Meeting Rooms. Representatives from the following companies will be available to answer questions and assist with enrollment:
- MetLaw Group Legal Plan ‐ offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, a subsidary of MetLife. Covers representation for many personal legal services.
- Group Critical Illness Insurance ‐ offered by Aflac. Provides a lump‐sum benefit payment to cover out‐of‐pocket medical expenses and costs associated with life changes following diagnosis of a covered critical illness.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) ‐ offered by The Standard. This plan pays a benefit to employee or selected beneficiary in the event of death due to an accident or dismemberment.
- Long‐Term Disability Insurance (LTD) ‐ offered by The Standard. Provides loss of income protection due to a qualified disability.
- Auto and Homeowners Insurance ‐ offered by California Casualty
In addition, the following Tax‐Sheltered Annuity (TSA) companies will be in attendance to
assist with questions about investing in a 403(b) plan.
- Fidelity Investments
Some plans require employees to be benefit‐eligible and some do not. Check back soon for additional information and more details.
If you have any questions regarding Open Enrollment or Employee Benefits, please contact Human Resources at (310) 243‐3771.
Some files are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.