About the Campus...
California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) is a large university campus located in the heart of beautiful Southern California, minutes from local beaches such as Malibu and Laguna Beaches. ALCP is and less than an hour from downtown Los Angeles, world famous Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flag's Magic Mountain, Disneyland, Universal City Walk Hollywood and other famous Southern California attractions. The campus is located in Carson, a quiet, residential suburb between Los Angeles and Long Beach.
Campus Recreation: soccer stadium, swimming pool, tennis courts and stadium, basketball diamonds, volleyball courts, weight training facilities, running track, bicycling at the Velodrome (part of the HomeDepot Center Sports Center).
- Campus Organizations/Activities: International Education Center, Student Union, student clubs, restaurants, computer labs, health services, library facilities, galleries and museums; Movies, University Theatre, music and dance performances
- Community Sites: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood Park, Knotts Berry Farm, Music Center, Downtown Los Angeles
- Outdoor Activities: Venice beach, winter snow-skiing in nearby mountains, year-round ocean sailing,surfing, rock climbing, hiking, cycling and the great barbeques!
do I get to CSU Dominguez Hills?
Map to CSU Dominguez Hills [Directions to campus]
Map of CSU Dominguez Hills Campus
Enjoy the famous Southern California climate, with warm winters averaging maximum temperatures
of 17-19 degrees Celsius in January and dry, warm summers averaging maximum temperatures of
24-28 degrees Celsius
Campus Apartments: The American Language and Culture Program is fortunate in having very nice, fully furnished campus apartments available all year for use by students in the program. Here are just a few of the advantages:
- Housing is available to ALCP students upon their arrival.
- ALCP students can live with American college students and practice English.
- ALCP students have only a short walk to classes, and can participate easily in all recreational and cultural activities on campus.
Rooms are available at local hotels at reasonable rates, and can include meals.
The University offers a safe environment because of its location in a residential area of a
small suburban city. The campus has both excellent security and a proven record of safety.