BSQA Student Learning Assessment Matrix
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
Quality Assurance is an interdisciplinary applied science profession practiced by trained professional practitioners who are responsible for the establishing systems and standards that assure products and services are provide with consistency and in conformance to established industry and regulatory requirements. Students studying in this program will be able to identify and utilize various quality improvement tools and methodologies as directly related to companies and industries of their choice. The education they will obtain through this program will prepare them to become leading practitioners in any of a large number of technical and specialized functions as required by specific industry needs. This program is modeled by the various bodies of knowledge established by the American Society for Quality Body of Knowledge. The program goals that follow are derived from this mission statement.
THE PROGRAM’S MISSION/GOALS
- To provide a curriculum that prepares students to become proficient in the various tools and methodologies of quality assurance that will enable them to assume roles as highly skilled quality professionals in many industries such as manufacturing, service, healthcare, and entertainment.
- To attract students locally, regionally, and globally to a broad-based curriculum of applied study that prepares individuals to become highly skilled practitioners needed to assure product and service consistency, integrity, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- To develop innovative and effective approaches to teaching and learning via computer technology and other modalities that evolve to support a distance learning program structure.
- To foster active learning communities among students and professionals in quality related functions from diverse cultures, backgrounds, industries, and locales.
- To seek external funding for scholarships and awards in students’ academic achievement from nationally and internationally recognized professional societies and organizations.
- To enhance the relationship between the academic program and national and international organizations and regulatory agencies in order to keep the curriculum current with emerging trends and skills required for quality professionals.
- To apply the methodologies and tools of quality control and quality improvement as each of these elements relate to the organization and the organization’s stakeholders. This is accomplished by various learning assessments, such as structured exams, case studies, research papers, and research assignments that are prepared for an immediate practical application or implementation.