College of Professional Studies
Location: Welch Hall
Phone: 1- 800-344-5484
For more information related to the College, please contact Dean's Office : 310-243 -2046
What are basic admission requirements?
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Overall grade point average of 2.5 (on a four-point scale) or higher in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units, excluding lower division and/or extension courses taken after obtaining bachelor’s degree.
- In good standing at the last college attended.
- The Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) must be met by the end of the first semester. Students may meet this requirement by passing the Graduation Writing Examination (GWE) with a score of 8 or higher or by successfully passing Eng 350.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must be met by applicants for which English is a second language with a minimum score of 575 or above on the written test or a score of 230 or above on the computer-based TOEFL test.
- The program consists of 33 semester units of approved graduate study. Up to 9 approved units may be accepted for transfer credit. The program is designed for working professionals, so students can enroll in as few or as many classes as available.
- Courses are offered year-round, primarily on evenings and occasionally on weekends at CSUDH. Most courses are web-augmented*.
- *Students taking web-augmented courses need to have access to a computer, modem and an Internet service provider. *Minimum PC set up: 120 MHz Pentium Processor, 32 MB or RAM, 18-bit or better sound card and speakers, 65,000-color or better video display card, Windows 98.
- You have the option of writing a thesis, conducting a special project, or taking a comprehensive examination, as the culminating experience.
- The topic of a research-based thesis or special project must be approved in advanced by the Graduate Coordinator, supervised by the chair of the thesis/project committee, and comply with the CSUDH Thesis/Project Guidelines.
- Yes. There are many scholarships available for qualified students.