Preparing educators to improve schools. And change lives.
At CSUDH's highly respected School of Education, we view education not only as a career, but as a calling. We believe that educators in all roles have the ability to improve the lives of children through greater access to educational opportunities. And we are committed to preparing our students to become effective, impassioned collaborators in making sure every child has every opportunity to learn, to grow and to thrive.
Through a wide range of degree and credential programs led by dedicated and experienced faculty mentors, we are building the next generation of qualified, exceptionally prepared, inspired and committed educators our communities' diverse urban schools and children urgently need.
Whatever your professional goals, the School of Education will help you reach them with:
A Wide Selection of Programs
- A strong, well-rounded Liberal Studies Program
- Single Subject, Multiple Subject and Special Education Credentials
- Counseling and Administrative Credentials
- Master's in Education degrees including Educational Administration, Pupil Personnel, Multicultural Education, Curriculum and Instruction and Technology-Based Education
Alternative Paths to a Teaching Credential
- Urban Teacher Residency Program
- Transition To Teaching
- Math & Science Teacher Initiative
- Noyce Scholars Program
- Multiple Subject/Single Subject Intern Program
Strong School District Partnerships
- Relationship with 18 local school districts
- Teaching Assistant (TA) and residency programs in partnership with local schools
- Job placement assistance with area school districts
- High placement rate for School of Education graduates
Supportive Learning Experience
- Individualized academic advising and step-by-step guidance to degree
- Small cohort classes
- Low faculty-to-student ratios
- Dedicated, mentoring faculty with real-world experience
- Hands-on learning through Teaching Assistant positions, internships and residencies
- Strong alumni network
Many Financial Aid Options
- Grants, loans and scholarships for teachers
- Loan forgiveness and teacher incentive programs
- Paid Teaching Assistant positions and living stipends
- Additional scholarships and grants
To learn more about the School of Education's unique approach to preparing educators, contact us.