The Multiple and Single Subject Intern Program is a collaborative effort between our school partners and the university to prepare and educate intern credential candidates. This responsibility is shared among support providers, site administrators, university fieldwork supervisors, and faculty. The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide a forum to exchange information on how to best support intern credential candidates. The goals are to:
- Maintain a positive and open connection with our partners
- Discuss "best practices" for our candidates
- Encourage a reciprocal exchange of information
- Update our partners on program and dynamic credential changes
- Obtain our partners' advice and recommendations
The Multiple and Single Subject Intern Program Advisory Board meets once a year. The board is composed of school district administrators and HR personnel, program specialists, and faculty. A highlight of each meeting is the sharing of ideas on how the university and the school districts can work together to better meet the needs of both our school district partners and our intern credential candidates.