School of Nursing
- About School of Nursing
- Nursing Programs
- SON Information & Workshops
- Forms & Clinical Handbooks
- Faculty & Staff
- Nursing Organizations and Alumni
- Scholarships and Awards
- Contact Us
- SON Home
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Minimum Degree required for Baccalaureate in Science Degree
1. RN licensure prerequisite.
2. Completion of 120 semester units (students admitted Fall '95 or later), with the required 2.0 GPA.
3. Completion of the General Education program (48 semester units) as specified by the Board of Trustees in Title 5 of the Administrative Code, Sections 40405 though 40405.4.
4. Satisfaction of the American Institutions requirement in U.S. Constitution, State and Local Government.
5. Satisfaction of Graduation Writing Competency requirement (GWAR) by exam or course.
6. Satisfaction of the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) requirement or exemption and English Placement test or exemption.
7. Complete the residence requirement of 30 semester units earned through CSUDH while an admitted SON student. Residence units refer to those units earned at CSUDH while an officially admitted student in a degree program. Residence requirements for a bachelor's degree include a minimum of 30 semester units in residence of which 24 units must be in upper division courses and 18 units must be earned in the major.
How to apply for graduation
All degree candidates must file an Application for Graduation with the Office of Admissions and Records in accordance with the following schedule:
To Graduate at the end of: File application no later than
Summer session February 15th
Fall semester April 15th
Spring semester September 15th
A final Program of Study, signed by an Advisor, must be filed by the deadline. Students will receive a degree check from Admissions and Records, which will indicate any remaining academic work and grade point deficiencies which must be resolved before approval of graduation is granted. All coursework must be completed by the end of the term of anticipated graduation. If you are attending a community college, and their term ends at a later date, you must apply for graduation for the following term.
Contact the Student Services Center at least 1 month prior to the above deadline to initiate the required graduation application paperwork. Program of Study/Graduation Advisement Forms are available on the School of Nursing website.