School of Nursing
- About School of Nursing
- Nursing Programs
- Roadmaps from Community College to BSN
- SON Information & Workshops
- Forms & Clinical Handbooks
- Faculty & Staff
- Nursing Organizations and Alumni
- Scholarships and Awards
- Contact Us
- SON Home
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
“During the academic year 2014 the MEPN program will be under review. We will not be accepting applications until further notice. Please check the website periodically for any additional updates.”
Entry-level Pre-licensure Master’s Entry-level Professional Nursing (MEPN) Program:
Clinical Nurse Leader Role Option
Thank you for your interest in the CSU Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) pre-licensure Master’s Entry-level Professional Nursing (MEPN) Program. The School of Nursing faculty offers an intensive, accelerated program which is 76 units of full-time study with more than 1000 hours of clinical experience at partner hospitals and agencies. The program is six semesters, 24 months in length, granting a Master of Science degree in Nursing with a concentration in the role of the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL). More information about the CNL role may be found on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing website at www.aacn.nche.edu/CNL/about.htm .
The MEPN Program is designed for students who have a BS or BA (in any field) with a GPA of 3.0 or better. Prerequisite courses must be taken prior to entry into the MEPN Program. Applicants who need these courses may take them at community colleges or at CSUDH through College of Extended and International Education. The School of Nursing also offers the following courses online: BSN 346 Pathophysiology and BSN 405 Statistics.
As part of the selective admission process, applicants must attend a workshop, be guided to develop a portfolio which will document their prior learning and work experiences, as well as their plans for a career in nursing, and have an interview with the faculty. Applicants with some health care experience (paid or volunteer), leadership and community activities will be given preference.
- BA or BS degree in any field other than Nursing from an accredited institution
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0, preferably higher, in the last 60 semester units
- Grades of B or better in all science Pre-requisites required (Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology)
- Grades of B or better strongly recommended in all other Pre-requisites
- Portfolio validating prior learning and work experience
- Three letters of recommendation (at least 1 from faculty and 1 from recent employer)
- Personal Interview
- Students will also be required to complete a certified nursing assistant (CNA) course prior to beginning the program and submit certification.
Admission decisions are based on the overall evaluation of the applicant.
>> For more MEPN Admission Requirements click here!
>> For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about admissions, click here!
We admit a cohort of 25-30 students in the Fall semesters only. Students must be available to attend classes and clinical experiences on a full-time basis in the South Bay/LA/North Orange County regions. If you wish more information or want to attend a MEPN Workshop, please review the online admissions criteria and dates for upcoming workshops.
Best wishes to you for a successful nursing career. You’ve made a great choice!