School of Nursing
- About School of Nursing
- Nursing Programs
- SON Information & Workshops
- Forms & Clinical Handbooks
- Faculty & Staff
- Nursing Organizations and Alumni
- Scholarships and Awards
- Contact Us
- SON Home
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
Professional Portfolio/Presentation (PPP)
The purpose of the PPP is for the graduating student to demonstrate achievement of the MSN Program Objectives. The student will accomplish this through the development of a portfolio and by delivering an oral presentation supported by a PowerPoint presentation.
It is strongly recommended that students retain copies of all course syllabi and assignments, including individual postings to discussion boards in Blackboard, submitted for courses to aid in the development of the Portfolio.
Upon the completion of the Master of Science in Nursing Program, the student will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge, theory, research and skills in the delivery of comprehensive care and services for individuals, families and populations.
- Design culturally sensitive programs and systems of care and services that meet the needs of diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Provide evidence-based, clinically proficient care and services using critical thinking skills in advanced nursing roles.
- Apply oral, written and technological communication skills in clinical, educational, and professional contexts and systems.
- Integrate ethical principles into theories, research and practice in advanced nursing roles.
- Advocate for healthcare policies and financing that promote, preserve and restore public health.
- Provide leadership in collaborative efforts with other disciplines to influence improvement in healthcare systems.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning for continued professional growth.