PUG Meeting Notes
January 6 , 2009
Members Present: Danielle Brinney, Yuki DeSoto, Tim Farris, Timothy Mozia, Helen Remigio, Marion Smith, Elcee Teng, Yvette Velarde
Tim Farris chaired the meeting.
- Listed on the PUG Web site: "The PeopleSoft Users Group (PUG) meets on a monthly basis to discuss issues related to the implementation of the PeopleSoft administrative software suite, which includes finance, human resources, and student administration applications. Stakeholders from the faculty and a variety of administrative departments comprise PUG, which is chaired by Tim Farris, Director, Administrative Information Systems." Tim would like to expand this purpose to more accurately reflect the reason we meet on a monthly basis.
- PUG's key objectives:
- To identify and discuss problems and assign priorities to them.
- To develop policies that are then passed on to the President's Cabinet.
- To facilitate communications among stakeholders. For example, Danielle has developed a list of service indicators. Such a list could be discussed and posted--to equip all staff to handle students' questions about them.
- One way PUG differs from other PeopleSoft committees is that we discuss all three PeopleSoft applications, rather than just one, and we benefit by the presence of faculty on PUG.
Student E-Mail Cleanup
- This will be done in the next couple of weeks.
- Yvette reports that David Karber, Mary Ann Rodriguez, Tracey Haney, and Yvette will meet to discuss the reorganization.
Dates and Part-Time Faculty
- Elcee reports that with a 12/23 end date for part-time faculty, they are unable to see their final paychecks because they can no longer log into MyCSUDH's HR self-service. Yuki indicates that self-service access is recreated every night, based upon a query created by Veer. A new business process needs to be written, and Elcee will take it to Adria Edwards.
- Students have access to toroWiki, which currently primarily answers questions about toroMail. It could certainly be expanded to answer questions about MyCSUDH and include the list of service indicators. toroWiki will be demoed at the next PUG meeting.
- Some GWE scores didn't get moved as milestones to PeopleSoft. All passing scores should be moved.
Mass E-Mails to Students
- Knowing that a vice president (or the president) might need to send a mass e-mail to students at any time, Ron Bergmann requests that two files of student e-mail addresses be present on the I: drive and updated on a monthly basis:
- Eligible to enroll
The I: drive location would enable any vice president's or the president's office to send a mass e-mail whenever required.
- We are buying servers to replace Admissions' servers. We need to establish a timeline for the conversion. Helen and Brandy will develop that.
- Maintenance pack 2 will be applied at the end of the month in preparation for a big PeopleSoft release in February. Maintenance is done on Tuesday nights only. Testing of MP 2 must be completed by January 27.
Next meeting: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 10 a.m., WH 303