A Justice Site
Main Hub Sites:
Habermas Site - CSUDH Site - UWP Site
Local Hub Sites
Latest update: October 6, 2000
- Introduction to the Forum
- How to Submit to the Forum
- Aboriginal Peoples
- Adversarialism and Mutuality
- Mutuality and Replacement Discourse
by Tina Juen. Link added week of September 11, 2000. CSUDH.
- Agency, as Henry and Milovanovic use the term.
- Transforming Discourses by Exercising Agency
by Gale Horton, Jeanie Compton, and Dawn Parrish. Link added on October 6, 2000. UWP
- Art as Freeing Expression in Search for Creative Perceptions
- Fellman's Adversarialism and Multuality Paradigms
- Henry and Milovanovic: Constitutive Theory
- Indigenous Peoples
- Rambo and the Dalai Lama
- Replacement Discourse and Transformation: Fellman and Henry and Milovanovic
Topics centered on Gordon Fellman's Rambo and the Dalai Lama and Henry and Milovanovic's Constitutive Criminology at Work.
- Defining Adversarialism in Fellman's Paradigm by Araceli Mark. Link added week of September 11, 2000. CSUDH.
- Adversarial Obsession and Deviance by Frances Cardona. Link added week of September 11, 2000. CSUDH.
- Adversarialism and the Elite Jargon of the Academy by Malika Shakoor. Link added week of September 11, 2000. CSUDH.
- The Slippery Slope of Chilling Academic Curiosity Link added week of September 11, 2000.
- The Slippery Slope of Challenge When Loving Would Do by Tina Juen. Link added September 17, 2000.
- The Teacher Who Practiced Loving Link supplied by Tina Juen on September 20, 2000.
- Could Compliments Be Adversarial? by Raquel Wright. Link added on September 24, 2000.
- Redefining Crime as Disrespecting Others and "Knowingness" by Donn Maria Woods. Link added week of September 11, 2000. CSUDH.
- Aboriginal Justice and the Olympics by Gary McCullouch. Link added Saturday, September 16, 2000.
- Sylvia Snowden's Tribute to Her Son, Malik by Lisette Garcia. Link added Sunday, September 17, 2000.
Continuing Threads of Academic Discourse
- Article on National Museum of the American Indian in Wash. DC.
Maria Benning, journalist in Hamburg, Germany, recently contacted Dear Habermas. She seeks expert knowledge on the museum for an article. Please e-mail us if you wish to contact her.
Postmodernism and Art
- Thesis on Photographic Art and Postmodernism
Thread opened on July 30, 2000.
- Giving Greater Weight to Aesthetics
Added August 16, 2000.
Understanding Multiple Perspectives: Praxis with Older Adults
- Responses to Uncertainty in A Complex, Changing World
Thread opened on July 30, 2000. Paper continuing revision. August 16, 2000.
This section of the site is devoted to ongoing academic discourse between faculty, students, staff, and community. Our purpose here is to provide a forum on Dear Habermas for us to exchange ideas with those who are far beyond our respective schools, but are intrigued by similar intellectual pursuits. We invite students of all levels and colleagues from all walks of life to share their ideas here.
Introduction to the Academic Discourse Forum
We will date each entry so that you can follow the time-span. We recognize one of the advantages of the Web as allowing us to pick up conversations over time. By posting them topically, we hope that we will premit effective continuity over time.
To join the discourse simply e-mail your comments to jeanne at email@example.com. If you wish to contact an individual in one of the threads, simply alert us to that, and we will try to forward your comment. We will assume that your contribution may be posted, unless you specifically state to the contrary. Dear Habermas reserves editorial privileges.
- Topics of Academic Discourse
- Continuing Threads of Academic Discourse
This will be submerged into Topics, as we have time. They are being transferred from earlier semesters.
- Archived Threads of Academic Discourse