A Justice Site
CSUDH Habermas UWP
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: September 12, 1999
Latest update: May 15, 2001
- Transition"We aim to be a clearing house for the freshest, most compelling, most curious ideas about race -- indeed, about what it means to be human -- today," says Henry Louis Gates, Jr., W. E. B. Du Bois Professor in the Humanities at Harvard University, and one of Transitionís editors. "There is no party line."
"With his longtime friend and collaborator, Professor of Afro-American Studies and of Philosophy Kwame Anthony Appiah, Gates has made Transition a venue for unusual, and sometimes contentious, writing on ethnicity and identity. The official publication of the W.E.B Du Bois Institute at Harvard University, Transition -- like Afro-American Studies itself -- has become a fixture on the intellectual landscape of America."
- The Marcus Garvey and Universal Negro Improvement Association Papers Project A Research Project of the James S. Coleman African Studies Center. UCLA."Marcus Garvey and the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA) form a critical link in black America's centuries-long struggle for freedom, justice, and equality. As the leader of the largest organized mass movement in black history and progenitor of the modern "black is beautiful" ideal, Garvey is now best remembered as a champion of the back-to-Africa movement. In his own time he was hailed as a redeemer, a "Black Moses." Though he failed to realize all his objectives, his movement still represents a liberation from the psychological bondage of racial inferiority." From the first paragraph of the Introduction.
- Works by W. E. B. Du Bois on the Internet backup
- Good links on Marcus Garvey and W.E.B. Du Bois Only one of the papers still up. May 15, 2001.
- Marcus Garvey and W.E.B. Du Bois No authorship indicated. No sponsorhip indicated. No dates indicated. Unreliable as an academic resource.http://www.ritesofpassage.org/g-dubois.htm
- Wer War Marcus Garvey? (Who Was Marcus Garvey?) backup