A Jeanne Site
Criminology Class, Fall 1999
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest update: September 7, 1999
September 11, 1999: Definition of Crime
Jeanne Curran and Susan R. Takata
Part of Criminology Series
Copyright September 1999. "Fair Use" encouraged.
- Crime is a matter of definition.
- Structural functionalism - crime as behavior
- Labeling theory - crime as label
- Marxism - crime is inherently political
- Crime is a construct.
- Crime is more than an instance of behavior.