A Justice Site
Critical Race Theory
CSUDH Habermas UWP
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: July 1, 2000
Latest update: August 31, 2002
Faculty on the Site.
- Richard Delgado's Critical Race Theory
- Carol A. Aylward. Canadian Critical Race Theory : Racism and the Law. Halifax: Fernwood Publishing, 1999, 232 pp., $19.95. Review online.
- Professor Laurence Parker's syllabus Please skim to get an idea of the amount of material there is to cover in such a disciplinary area. The course overview and objectives provide helpful reading sections.
- Cultural Studies and Critical Theory Carnegie Mellon University EServer.
- "Four Du Boisian Contributions to Critical Race Theory" by John Shuford (University of Oregon). On website of Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy.
- The History of Critical Race Theory University of Texas.
- Words That Wound: Critical Race Theory, Assaultive Speech, and the First Amendment Summary, defining critical race theory.
- Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings That Formed the Movement Byline: Judith A. Hagley; Judith A. Hagley is a lawyer and writer in New York.
- Review of Successful Practices in Teaching and Learning David Arendale, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Revised December 23, 1996. Link added August 31, 2002., Billi J. Johnson, University of Cincinnati. should be on same site.
Cognitive, Linguistic, and Critical Race Theory in the Classroom"Abstract: This article discusses what attention to linguistic, cognitive and especially Critical Race Theory reveals about our students' perceptions of classroom practices especially in Developmental English courses. It then examines these practices in light of their social contexts."
This should be compared to our own present research on conversational analysis of students' perceptions of the structural violence of the measurement of learning.
- Related Links
Copyright: Jeanne Curran and Susan R. Takata, June 2000. "Fair Use" encouraged.