A Justice Site
CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - Archives
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: July 5, 2004
Latest Update: July 5, 2004
Discussions on crime, and what it is:
- Crime as Disrespect and "Knowingness" by Donna Maria Woods. In what sense is harming another through disrespect a crime? Link added September 15, 2000.
- Defining Crime Lecture notes on Quinney, crime is socially defined. Link added July 5, 2004.
- Hate Crime: Definition of Hate Crime Questions HC1 to HC22. Canada's School Net. Backup This is a fairly old, but good source for questions you might like to ask about hate crimes. It's Canada. And from 1998. But the concepts should hold. jeanne
Standard Sources for Legal and Religious Definitions:
- Had crime - (Islam) serious crimes committed by Muslims and punishable by pre-established punishments found in the Koran; "Had crimes include apostasy from Islam and murder and theft and adultery". Material needs to be moved to its own file on Muslim crime.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Reporting/National Incident-Based Reporting System Crime Definitions