A Justice Site
CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - Archives
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: February 22, 1999
Latest update: June 22, 2004
- Ethnic Differences
- "I Don't Count As 'Diversity" Essay on how plurality is never all inclusive - some difference is always left out.
- Summary of sources on aloneness Annotated Bibliography. Apparently by a student at CSU, Shannon Hurd. 5/3/99. Includes a summary of Angelo Ragaza in "I Don't Count As 'Diversity'", which is not presently available on our site.
- Asian Week Story of demise of A Cahnnel. Includes references to Angelo Ragaza, editor of A Magazine and of "I Don't Count as Diversity." Backup.
- Click2Asia and aMagazine Shutting Down Angelo Ragza was the editor of A Magazine. Announcement from March 2002 in Asian Week Archives.
- Don't We All Bleed the Same?
- Teaching Tolerance List of teaching tools that covers a number of ethnicities around the world.
- Activities to share with friends and family
- Cynthia Duxbury's Lesson on Image of Santa Claus on Tolerance.org site. How Santa's hat changes our whole visual context.
- Benjamin West's Painting of The Death of General Wolfe in 1770 on Tolearnce.org site. How messages about the "noble savage" were handed down.
- Browse the whole site. There is much to teach and to share. One way to avoid complicity is by sharing.
- Statue of Liberty Share the stories. Avoid complicity. Illocutionary understanding means listening in good faith to other perspectives, not choosing one over the other as right or wrong. Consider possiblities.
- A Sense of Being Alone Difference mostly manifested in the sense fo exclusion from the dominant group, whatever it is.