A Justice Site
HOME Daily Site Additions
Sociology Class Schedule, Spring 2001
Local Hub Sites
Latest Update: January 31, 2001
Using the Dear Habermas Site
Class Syllabus, E-Mail, the Journal
Definitions of Standards
Exploring Self-Tests, Discussion Questions and Test Review
Guide for Choosing Measurements for Grading
Managing the Freedom of Reading Choices
Locating Academic Resources on Dear Habermas
Listening in Good Faith to Hear Myself: Keeping a Journal of Learning
Who's Who in Academic Discourse
Transforming the Imaginary: Our Academic Discourse
Assignment for All Classes for Week 2:
- Can we codify respect?
- and The Egyptian Priest of Rules
- Transforming the Imaginary: Report of Academic Discourse in Fall 2001
- WSSA Panels in Reno Accepted!
Time to start getting ready for Reno papers.
- ASA Papers in Preparation for August meetings in Anaheim.
- Colonial Studies and Composition Paper
- New ASA Panel. Michael and Amy, and Donna and ???
Recommended Reading Ahead:
- Art and Justice
- Understanding Escalating Violence through Art
Caution: Parental guidance suggested for Courbet's infamous Origine du Monde.
- Truth and forgiveness, terrorism, and schizophrenic identities
Trying to understand the "Other." jeanne's first sketch of a painting.
- In principio, 1991 original
Original painting, In the Beginning, by Wolfgang Lettl. The link will take you to the discussion of the painting, which is, unfortunately, in German. I'll try to translate soon. At least this small part now: The explication ends with a question: " What do you see in this painting? God? The Logos? The first Man? The Void?" ("Was sehen Sie auf diesem Bild? Gott? Den Logos? Den ersten Menschen? Die Leere?") Explore the site and tag me to translate some of it. jeanne, January 29, 2001.
- On the impact of artists who represent the "Other." Keith Haring on Jean-Michel Basquiat:At Basquiat's memorial service "Keith Haring, AIDS-thin, reminisced about his firend: 'He disrupted the politics of the art world and insisted that if he had to play their games, he would make th rules. His images entered the dreams and museums of the exploiters, and the world can never be the same.' "
From Basquiat: A Quick Killing in Art by Phoebe Hoban, Penguin Books, 1998. (at pp. 4-5)
- Criminology References Online
- Methods References Page
- Moot Court References Online
- Peace and Conflict References Online
- Theory References Online
- Statistical References Online
- Indices for Quick Reference:
Recommended Reading on Peripheral Issues:
- Free Trade
- Postcolonial Studies
- New Books on Postcolonial Issues Online.
- Social Work
- The Frankfurt School and Habermas
- The "Third Generation" of the Frankfurt School by Joel Anderson, Washington University in St. Louis appearing in Intellectual History Newsletter 22 (2000). Online.
- Consensus and Compromise in Habermas Graduate level material on the role of consensus and compromise in the paradigm shift imagined by Fellman between adversarialism and mutuality. Online.
- Sustainable Development
- Hermeneutics in Theory
- Dilthey Hermeneutics and what is meant by it. Graduate level reading for theory. will put up notes later. jeanne Online.