A Justice Site
CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - Archives
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Soka University Japan - Transcend Art and Peace
Created: August 19, 2003
Latest Update: August 19, 2003
Creating Dialog in Class and on Site:
- The Modern Welfare State
- Academic Assessment in Credited Course Learning What Susan calls the 5 C's, or qualities we look for in grading. Please don't ask how much is enough, when it's good enough for an A, and such. No one can tell you when a term paper is long enough, when it is an A, or any such nonsense. You're not working for a grade. You're working to learn. And this file will give you extremely concrete details on how to do that. And you don't usually know if you got an A on a term paper until you get it back. We think our system gives you much more detailed and accurate feedback. Use it.
- Standards in Grading A definition of our standards. Related file.
- Maintatining Consistency in Academic Accountability An explanation of consistency as "discipline," and how to maintain it as a measure of your learning.
- Cutting to the Chase: Twenty-Five Words or Less and Paper Clips Knowing what to write, rembering what you learned, and making sure your teacher knows.
- Discovering Your Identity in Learning This essay covers a very specific example of how we measure our learning, particularly when that learning is latent. Like you recognize a word, but you can't remember what it means. And we tell you how to record that with us as learning.
- Authentication of Knowledge as Interdependent Forms to Guide Us Through Interactive Measures. articularly at the latent stage of learning, it's hard to tell someone what you've learned. We focus on that with a vocabulary learning example in Discovering Your Identity in Learning. In this file we try to offer numerous examples that will help you identify learning in the latent stage. Link created June 29, 1999. Updated July 28, 2003.
- Measuring Learning without The Learner A brief essay on how we do this to children when we misperceive so dreadfully their creative learning. To share with your kids and friends.
Letters of Recommendation:
Using the Dialog on Learning to generate a letter of recommendation:
- Final Dialog on a Learning Report With a letter of recommendation.