A Justice Site
jeanne's classes - Susan's classes - KID's Version
Previous Issue: Volume 14, No. 3, Week of September 9, 2002
Mirror Sites: CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - ARCHIVES
TOPICS INDEX - Concept Index - Vocabulary Index - SITE INDEX
Daily Site Additions - Site Stats - SITE MAP
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Soka University Japan, Transcend Art and Peace
Latest Update: September 20, 2002
Our Hearts Are With You,
Kristin and Holman.
Sisterhood: What Does It Really Mean?
Kristin High, 22, a senior at Cal State Los Angeles, drowned this week in a terrible accident, leaving her fiance Holman Arthurs, in Sociology of Law, at CSUDH, and their young son. You will find the story and our plans for a forum at Sisterhood: What Does It Really Mean?.
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search:|
NEW for the Week of September 9, 2002
The site is being restructured to make it easier for all of us to find materials. The site is huge. It will take a little time. Please be patient. But do let me know when something isn't working. jeanne
Earth Charter Community Summits - Sept 28 - 20 Cities - A good place to connect.
If you are still confused about what to do for a grade: Choose something from the Practice Module on Bullying and Solidarity. DO NOT ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS, PLEASE. Choose something that interests you from that study sheet. And then be sure to talk to me so we can get you straight on how to do this. Come to my office. I can show you how on the computer there. jeanne
Practice module for all four classes up at: Bullying and Solidarity
ALL CLASSES: PLEASE NOTE: New Lecture Notes going up on Theory and Life Experiences: Patrick Graham, Contemporary Irish Artist
* * *.Start of the discussion on the Lionel Tate Case Ken Padowitz sent us a letter from the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, discussing the case, to get us started on the issue of social justice, juveniles, and major crimes. UWP, you're welcome to join in this discussion. jeanne
- On Thursday, Father Fabian Obi (Nigeria) and Father Ted Nelson Adjakpey (Ghana) visited with us in our Women in Society Class in SCC E 153, CSUDH. Commentaries up soon. jeanne
- Practice Module of Learning/ Teaching To femwk01 and lawwk01. This practice module will also serve for mootwk01 and thwk01. Added September 11, 2002.
- A Sample of Inadvertent Possible Plagiarism! URGENT that you read! Another example!!!! E-mail forwarded without giving credit to author!!! Guys, please be careful of this. jeanne
- Learning Records to Updated Sept. 6 but not complete.
- Commentary on Recent Lectures at UWP: Week of September 15, 2002.
- Commentary on Recent Lectures at UWP: Week of September 8, 2002.
- Commentary on Recent Lectures, CSUDH: September 18, 2002. Stories in Recognition of Harm
- Commentary on Recent Lectures, CSUDH: September 14, 2002.Civil Discourse and War with Iraq
- Commentary on Lectures, CSUDH: September 6, 2002.
- Lecture Notes on Plagiarism, CSUDH: September 9.
- Lecture Notes Up from Thursday, September 5, CSUDH.
- Commentary on Lectures: September 3, 2002, CSUDH.
- Lecture Notes Up from Wednesday, September 4, CSUDH.
- Lecture Notes Up from Tuesday, September 3, CSUDH.
- Lecture Notes Up from Thursday, August 29.
- Lecture Notes Up from Tuesday, August 26.
- Fall 2002 Courses With Susan (UWP) and jeanne (CSUDH).
- Texts for Fall Courses With jeanne.
- Syllabus for Women in Society
- Syllabus for Sociology of Law
- Syllabus for Moot Court and Social Justice
- Class Page for Moot Court and Social Justice
- Weekly Schedules up soon.
- Syllabus for Graduate Seminar on Reinterpreting Theory
Theoretical Musings for Us by Us
- Discourse, Trust, and Governance I just added this practice module on Friday or Saturday. Trust, along with Fukuyama's "radius of trust" and our need to trust will be explored through our discussions this week. These issues relate strongly to Maria Pia Lara's "recognition," and to the Truth Commissions.
- Sample Contents: Michael Daniels' Article on the Habermas-Foucault Debate Impressive article by a junior at Trinity Univesity in San Antonio. I plan to add explanatiory notes for those of you who may not have an adequate theory background for Michael's thesis, but restructuring the site has to come first. jeanne. Link added August 3, 2002.
Lived Experience: Emancipatory Narratives
- Sisterhood: What Does It Really Mean? The story of a an unexpeted death that touched our lives here at CSUDH. We'll begin a discussion of the issues involved in partial resolution of our students' distress over seeing something meant to do good as it ended in tragic harm. Because sororities were at the heart of the matter, we will focus on the concepts of solidarity, exclusion, trust, and the search for authentic identities. Teaching notes up soon. jeanne .Link added September 14, 2002.
- Colonize This! Young Women of Color, edited by Daisy Hernandez and Bushra Rehman. Foreword by Cherrie Moraga. Seal Press. New York. 2002. New book that I picked up at Vroman's last week. Read these few brief excerpts and see me if you want more of the book. jeanne Link added Sseptember 15, 2002. A Sisterhood of a very different kind.
- Sample Contents: Transforming Discourse: Frankie and Johnny Personal reaction to review of new play; things we do to restructure our identities. Expressions from our own lived experience. Link added August 4, 2002.
- VGallery in South Africa
One of my favorites is by SPEELMAN MAHLANGU: Mother Nature, SM3. jeanne
- The Web Site of Wang Jing A Contemporary Chinese Painter. There's a magenta colored crocodile I absolutely adore. Wish I could buy her. Enjoy the site. It was sent to me because of my interest in Chinese Art, I think. jeanne
- Sample Contents: Ten Little Indians Miller Updegraff, Artist
September Exhibition at Gallery 825, La Cienega Blvd. Fine art paintings invoke nostalgia which puts us in touch with our authentic history, contributing to transformed discourse. Link added August 7, 2002.
Classes, Workshops, and Lifelong Learning
Index of Site Teaching Modules: Our Topical Index
Navigating the Site