A Justice Site
jeanne's classes - Susan's classes - KID's Version
Previous Issue: Volume 13, No. 14, Week of August 19, 2002
Mirror Sites: CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - ARCHIVES
TOPICS INDEX - Concept Index - Vocabulary Index - SITE INDEX
Daily Site Additions - Site Stats - SITE MAP
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Soka University Japan, Transcend Art and Peace
Latest Update: August 23, 2002
The Disappeared of Guatemala
This painting was done in response to a photograph in the New York Times by Wesley Bocxe. Whereas Maria Pia Lara speaks of story narratives as a means of demanding recognition for those voices that have been suppressed, painting also demands recognition. In this version of my painting the brilliant reds and pinks, especially as I overlaid Wesley Bocxe's photograph, were a conscious demand for the recognition of los desparecidos. The remainder of the story can be found at Los Desparecidos de Guatemala.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search: * * *
NEW for the Week of August 26, 2002
- Fall 2002 Courses With Susan (UWP) and jeanne (CSUDH).
- Texts for Fall Courses
- Syllabus for Women in Society
Class Page for Women in Society
- Syllabus for Sociology of Law
Class Page for Sociology of Law
- Syllabus for Moot Court and Social Justice
Class Page for Moot Court and Social Justice
- Syllabus for Graduate Seminar on Reinterpreting Theory
Class Page for Reinterpreting Theory Up shortly.
Theoretical Musings for Us by Us
- Ethics? Rules? The Other? Link added August 21, 2002.
- Sample Contents: Michael Daniels' Article on the Habermas-Foucault Debate Impressive article by a junior at Trinity Univesity in San Antonio. I plan to add explanatiory notes for those of you who may not have an adequate theory background for Michael's thesis, but restructuring the site has to come first. jeanne. Link added August 3, 2002.
Lived Experience: Emancipatory Narratives
- Los Desparecidos de Guatemala Using art to bring awareness. Link added August 22, 2002.
- Sample Contents: Ten Little Indians Miller Updegraff, Artist
September Exhibition at Gallery 825, La Cienega Blvd. Fine art paintings invoke nostalgia which puts us in touch with our authentic history, contributing to transformed discourse. Link added August 7, 2002. .
Normativity, Commitment, and Instrumental Reason Link added August 22, 2002.
Classes, Workshops, and Lifelong Learning
Index of Site Teaching Modules: Our Topical Index
- Reference: Index of Site Teaching Modules
With teaching essays, analyses of texts, discussion questions, field activities, and self tests.
Navigating the Site
- Reference: Finding Stuff