A Justice Site
CSUDH - Habermas - UWP - Archives
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Soka University Japan - Transcend Art and Peace
Created: October 4, 2002
Latest Update: October 4, 2002
- Ex Post Facto Lecture Notes from all four classes. We talked of Lillian Rubin's Worlds of Pain on the pain suffered by the working class woman; Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God; Alice Walker's The Color Purple; and the role that these narratives have in helping us come to be aware of the pain imposed on women by patriarchal systems.
- Ex Post Facto Lecture Notes from all four classes. Reasons for choice of books, and for variety in books. Maria Pia Lara: "we can NOT all be clumped into a ball." Discussed authentic and inauthentic versions of self, and "the laying on of alternatives." Brian Morris led a discussion on "embeddedness," in which Crystal Adams joined with ideology, and LaToya Lewis gave another explanation. Good example of my suggesting changes that would lead to an A from a B. Martha Minow and unstated assumptions also came up.
- Ex Post Facto Lecture Notes from all four classes. Comments by Crystal Adams on critical race theory; by Kashawndra Penn on critical race theory, structural viiolence, and the Bakke case. jeanne's references to Kimberle Crenshaw, Black female lawyer, and critical race theory. Link added August 26, 2002.
- Interaction Process Analysis (IPA) Applied to Grading Standards Good file on learning how to give evidence of your learning. Link added September 4, 2001. Rechecked link October 4, 2002.
- Definitions of Concepts Kibbutzim; Cognitive and Affective Domains of Learning. Link added September 4, 2002.
- Definitions of Concepts: Agency and Structural Context; Adversarialism and Mutuality; Paradigm Shift; Imaginary; The Enlightenment; Dominant Discourse. Link added September 4, 2002.