A Justice Site
CSUDH Habermas UWP
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: June 6, 2001
Latest update: February 16 , 2002
- Why Peace Education? by Ian Harris.
- Peacebuilding, Volume 3, Issue 3, Winter 2002.
Ian Harris' explanation of why he focuses on peace education provides one of the arguments for our brief on the issue of the importance of agency within the constraints of structural context. (Issue I) Think about how we can use Ian Harris' argument to support our argument that all are entitled to respect of their agency. Write your comments to the listserv, firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can all react to them even before I manage to post them to the site.
- alienation - TR Young's Dictiionary of Critical Sociology Three, not one, three definitiions that are very helpful.
- agency - Constitutive Criminology at Work Teaching essays.
- structural context - Agency, Structural Context, and Interdependence
- Make a compelling argument, just one, for treating students with respect. Relate the argument conceptually to issues of domination and empire.
- Make a compelling argument, just one, for teaching peace.
- Make a compelling argument, just one, for ways in which the corporate environment is alienating.
- Prepare a statement on why we should have education for peace for the Peacebuilding Journal.