A Justice Site
Criminology Media, Crime & Criminal Justice
Previous Weeks- Fall 2003 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: August 26, 2003
Fall semester begins on Tuesday, September 2nd
"believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - buddha
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at email@example.com
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Tuesday, September 2nd -- First Day of Spring Semester
- Wednesday, September 10th 12 noon to 1pm - Optional Computer Workshop. Class will meet in the Microcomputing Classroom (D1 Level in Library).
- Friday, October 24th - Last Day to Drop Class
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. We are trying something totally different this semester when it comes to academic assessment. For an explanation, read and Grades.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Academic Assessment
- Academic Accountability
- Cooperative Learning
- Keeping a Class Journal
- Listening in Good Faith to Hear Myself
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
Past Weekly Hubpages - Fall 2003
Past Lecture Commentaries - Fall 2003