A Justice Site
Law and Social Change Media, Crime & Criminal Justice
Previous Weeks- Spring 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: January 11, 2004
The spring semester begins on Tuesday, January 20th
"believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - buddha
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Book Reviews by UWP Students
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at firstname.lastname@example.org
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Tuesday, January 20th -- First Day of Spring Semester
- Monday, January 26th, 12 noon to 1pm - Optional Dear Habermas Workshop in the Microcomputing Classroom (D1 Level in Library).
- Friday, March 12th - Last Day to Drop Class
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Academic Assessment
- Academic Accountability
- Cooperative Learning
- Keeping a Class Journal
- Listening in Good Faith to Hear Myself
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips: