A Justice Site
Law and Social Change Media, Crime & Criminal Justice
Previous Weeks - Spring 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: February 5, 2004
All creative measures must be pre-approved by the professor.
"believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - buddha
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Book Reviews by UWP Students
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at email@example.com
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- new Friday, March 5th, 12 noon - "Reducing Recidivism: What Works and What Doesn't in the Criminal Justice System?" Lecture by Professor Edward Latessa in D137 Molinary at 12 noon. All are welcome to this free lecture.
- Friday, March 12th - Last Day to Drop Class
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades.
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
- Letters of Recommendation Index
- Avoiding Plagiarism
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
- Course Syllabus
- Difference and Privileging Subjectivity.
- new Marxist Criminology and Socialist Feminism
- Links to the Sociology of Law Handbook readings
-- Chapter 1, part 1
-- Chapter 1, part 2
-- Chapter 2
Media, Crime & Criminal Justice (CRMJ 490)
- Course Syllabus
- Media and the Social Construction of Reality
- same as above Media and the Social Construction of Reality
Past Weekly Hubpages - Spring 2004
- Number 3: Week of February 1, 2004
- Number 2: Week of January 25, 2004
- Number 1: Week of January 18, 2004
Past Lecture Commentaries - Spring 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 1, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 25, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 18, 2004