A Justice Site
Law and Social Change Media, Crime & Criminal Justice
Previous Weeks - Spring 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: March 4, 2004
Spring Break -- March 14th-20th - No Classes! Enjoy your break.
"Learning is messy!." - Yvone Lenard
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Book Reviews by UWP Students
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at firstname.lastname@example.org
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Friday, March 12th - Last Day to Drop Class
- Thursday, March 25th, 7-9 pm - "Take Back the Vote": The History of the American Suffrage Movement and its Significance for Today's Women." Greenquist 105.
- Friday, March 26th, 12:15 pm - "Murder, Mayhem and Maggots: The Unglamorous Life of a Forensic Anthropologist." Lecture by Dr. Leslie Eisenberg in 324 Molinaro. Co-sponsored by the Departments of Criminal Justice and Sociology/Anthropology, Committee on Lecture and Fine Arts, and the Parkside Anthropological Society.
- Wednesday, March 31st, 12 noon-1:30 p.m. in 105 Molinaro - "But Some of My Best Friends are Black: Racism and the Culture of Denial." Lecture by Mr. Tim Wise on white privilege.
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades.
- New Projects with CSUDH students
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
- Letters of Recommendation Index
- Avoiding Plagiarism
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
- Course Syllabus
- African Americans and Prophetic Criticism
- African Americans and Anarchist Criminology
- March 15th, 17th and 19th - No Classes - Spring Break
- Links to the Sociology of Law Handbook readings
-- Chapter 1, part 1
-- Chapter 1, part 2
-- Chapter 2
Media, Crime & Criminal Justice (CRMJ 490)
Past Weekly Hubpages - Spring 2004
- Number 8: Week of March 7, 2004
- Number 7: Week of February 29, 2004
- Number 6: Week of February 22, 2004
- Number 5: Week of February 15, 2004
- Number 4: Week of February 8, 2004
- Number 3: Week of February 1, 2004
- Number 2: Week of January 25, 2004
- Number 1: Week of January 18, 2004
Past Lecture Commentaries - Spring 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of March 7, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 29, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 22, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 15, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 8, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 1, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 25, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 18, 2004