A Justice Site
Law and Social Change Media, Crime & Criminal Justice
Previous Weeks - Spring 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: April 3, 2004
Fall 2004 advising began on Monday, March 29th. See your academic advisor before April 12th.
"Television is chewing gum for the eyes." by Frank Lloyd Wright (quote found by Jamie Dieter)
"Learning is messy!." - Yvone Lenard
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Book Reviews by UWP Students
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at email@example.com
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Monday, March 29 through Friday, April 9th - Fall 2004 Advising. Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- April 6-7 at various times - "Justice on Wheels" Program, Wisconsin Supreme Court in Racine. (Contact me for more details).
- Friday, April 23rd -- The Final Absolute Deadline for Law and Social Change and Media, Crime, Criminal Justice courses..
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades.
- new Free Culture: How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Culture and Control Creativity -- Free book online by Lawrence Lessig, law professor at Stanford University.
- New Projects with CSUDH students
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
- Letters of Recommendation Index
- Avoiding Plagiarism
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
Note: There are some spaces still left. If you would like to attend one of these site visits, please email me, (first come, first serve). Do NOT be a "no show." If you cannot attend, please notify me ASAP.
- Thursday, April 22nd, 12 noon - Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility.
- Thursday, April 29th, 1p.m. - Racine Correctional Institution.
- Course Syllabus
- Constitutional Criminology and Latinos/Latinas
- new Chaos Theory and Asian Americans
- Links to the Sociology of Law Handbook readings
-- Chapter 1, part 1
-- Chapter 1, part 2
-- Chapter 2
Media, Crime & Criminal Justice (CRMJ 490)
Past Weekly Hubpages - Spring 2004
- Number 11: Week of March 28, 2004
- Number 10: Week of March 21, 2004
- Number 9: Week of March 14, 2004
- Number 8: Week of March 7, 2004
- Number 7: Week of February 29, 2004
- Number 6: Week of February 22, 2004
- Number 5: Week of February 15, 2004
- Number 4: Week of February 8, 2004
- Number 3: Week of February 1, 2004
- Number 2: Week of January 25, 2004
- Number 1: Week of January 18, 2004
Past Lecture Commentaries - Spring 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of March 28, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of March 21, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of March 14, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of March 7, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 29, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 22, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 15, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 8, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of February 1, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 25, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of January 18, 2004