A Jeanne Site
Site Narrative in Reverse Chronological Order
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest update: January 12, 1999
Faculty on the Site.
Back to Dear Habermas Home
Site History, October 30 through October 3, 1998
- October 30, 1998
- Wrote for funding for technology supplies to set the student-operated phase of Dear Habermas going. Put fund application in asitech.htm, which you can link to from NEW.
- Added llama's site to the site index.
- Added funding to the site index. Links to the grant application for adequate equipment to run Dear Habermas as a student-operated journal.
- Added to site index: Pinker, language, Eskimos, snow. also grants.
- October 29, 1998
- Added incest, partners and friends of incest victimes, and WWWomen WebRing to the index.
- Created file on support for voices: linked under NEW right now, and partially linked under Women's Assignments for class, and under site index.
- Created file for stories. Will get some of our stories up shortly. Linked under NEW.
- Created file on web rings.
- Added feminist majority to woman's assignment page and added llama's anti web ring.
- found and put up net exercise and answer on Columbia's Internet tutorial. Link through net exercises.
- October 28, 19998
- tried to load outside files from texts and papers. Will need to do it on Thursday. Still have some glitches.
- cleaned up law exercise on situatedness, categorical logic, etc.. Added to index situatedness answer and catergorical logic answer, but link is just dumping you into the file, not into the right spot - so scroll around until you find the section. Will fix later. jeanne
- October 27, 1998
- Added file on Unsung heroes of the Net to unsung.htm on those who are attempting to work for the public good of the net. Lots of important links for those who wish to remain a part of the Web/
- Added Gaines, Ernest and "Three Men" to the Site Index for the "ain't us" material.
- Didn't finish unsung heroes. will have to do it thursday. Did do jobs and writing files though. Both are in the NEW section.
- Fixed spellinf on home page and checked Manzanar. It's working.
- cleaned up exercise pages. Am removing the Exercise 1, 2 stuff and using cncepts to identify the exercises. Creating a database for sociology students.
- October 25, 1998
- Added Exrcises to law and women's classes.
- Added to site index.
- October 23, 1998
- Responded to Death of a child messsages on WebBoard under Tutoring, at Deviance, Crime, and Justice. Included some of the material on juvenile justice camps, in Arizona and in Louisiana. Referenced Teaching Tolerance site, group which had much to do with the Louisiana site. Site index now includes privatizing juvenile justice facilities and Tallulah (the Louisiana facility) .
- Added the Glassceiling: Women in Politics and websites of all female members of Congress to the site index.
- October 21, 1998
- Added to New a request by a young student in France to help him find and internship. Linked it through New and through Dear Habermas column.
- Linked graphic artists' request for forums with grassrts.htm.
- October 20, 1998
- Tried to bring mirror sites up to date. I think all the sites have everything now. e-mail me if something missing.
- site index pretty much up to date.
- Started file for Site Tour and put link on Homepage. But am just constructing the tour. Will try to have it up by next week. It is designed to help those of you not in class, and trying to find a basic plan, then a more advanced plan, to folow through issues on the site. It will be filed with CSUDH tutoring on the WebBoard so the tutors can help you. Find their schedule by linking to the Web Board homepage from Features, and linking from there to Tutoring. On the tutoring page you'll see a link for their schedule.
- Assignments are now started for all classes. Access through the Assignments link under Features on the Homepage.
- Dr. Jennings was nice enough to teach me the HTML for the spreadsheets, and tell me how he did his. I'm trying. Will have the files up soon.
- October 12, 1998
- Have now added up through Law Exercises 1 and 2, and their answers, and Sociology of Women exercises 1 and 2 and their answers. Template created. The numbers will not correspond with the ones we have been using, but now I will simply put all your exercises into this template.
- Access through the main dh page under Assignments, and through Sociology of Women and Law assignments in the Schedule section on the main page. Also some links in index.
- October 10, 1998'
- Changing naviagtion to include specific course information. Was going to put courses on separate site, but that does not seem like such a good idea now. Instead, I've added Assignments as one of the main categories in the navigation scheme, and have linked it under Features. Now, by linking under features to the Assignments section, which is just above the navigation instructions on the main page, you can link separately to each exercise in each class (will cut down on printing), to the answers for those exercises, and to the reading assignments. Be patient - this is big chunk of site navigation and I'm having to think it through as I go. But I think it will be intuitive once I get it down.
- Am also setting up class records, using the last four numbers of your school ID. These will be available to you in a file so that you can see my records at any time. I don't want these available to the whole world to see, so you will have to go to the specific file. will teach you how to do so. jeanne
- Removed syllabi from syllabi file and place in access files. Now you will find syllabi by linking on law , women, stat, or the net under assignments.
- Took new and time critical and dumped it at bottom of site contents. Don't think we need it anymore. But it's there temporarily if I'm wrong.
- updated site index with exercise and assignment and answer locations.
- October 6. 1998
- On October 4 and 5 linked webboard to Dear Habermas. Webboard was placed under NEW on d h main page, and under features. Students will need to log in, but beyond that participation is open. Webboard and discussion groups are both in site index.
- Added to grassrts.htm, the on-line attempt to create public discourse. because moveon takes the position that impeachment is inappropriate, I wanted the balancing perspective up - that lying is lying is lying, and by any other name... Added this on October 6 to grassrts.htm. The file, moveon.htm is a mere repeat of the beginning of grassrts.htm. Needs to be removed.
- Recreated diffrent.htm, and set it up to transfer "am I alone?" there.
- Updated templart.htm with the book image from amazon.com that is temporarily apearing with the WebBoard link.
- October 3, 1998
- Added piece on discussion groups. discuss.htm Put a link under New on main page, and added a link there to WebBoard.
- Added a link under New and under Features (with Site Index, etc.) to WebBoard (classes) for discussion groups that will lead to process texts.
- Added a link to discussion groups and to WebBoard in site index.