A Jeanne Site
Site Narrative in Reverse Chronological Order
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest update: May 24, 1999
Faculty on the Site.
Site History, January 26 to January 17, 1999
- January 26, 1999
- Bothered me for a week that What's New was in two links, right near each other on Navigation bar. So I changed the large green type link to impeach.htm temporarily. Will create a new file on actual news issues - there are more - like neutrinos, when it was happening, like wars and war news, and what they all mean to public discourse. Nag me. jeanne
- January 25, 1999
- Added T. Markus Funk to the jjacc.htm - way down - called it conservative. Would have called it "from the right," but didn't have enough time to check it out. Impressive credentials. Take a look.
- Cleaned up Cyberdating. Jen had a local file on her second bar, so it wouldn't load, and she had an incompatible bkground color. No really great colors available, but I changed it to one that works if the browser image is turned off. Also changed her visited links to match her links, because the visited links color wouldn't show up on the background.
- Moved most of the detail on Projects to projects.htm so everyone can find them more easily.
- January 24, 1999
- Added a new link under Discourse: Voice. There are times when we just need to discuss the need for a forum, for a perspective that often goes unheard. The motorchycle file motorcyc.htm made me realize that. Most of the museum links will be related back to discussions on discourse. It's just gonna take a while. But the motorcycle file illustrates what we're doing. I expect that file to become a photo study, with the accompanying sociological analysis. Voice and Motorcycle Rider: Voices??
- Added some more material on impeachment. Link through homepage Site Awards, and through What's New. We do have an impeach.htm file, but It needs updating and does not yet have impeachment perspective. What's new
- Added motorcycles to the museums file under Vehicles.Motorcycle additions.
- Added Criminal Justice Exercise 5 last night. Just the lecture notes file. Will finish later. Sterotypes and Tribal Sovereignty
- January 22, 1999
- Added social work links (swacc.htm), and justice links (justacc.htm), and have begun altering net links (netacc.htm), gender links (womacc.htm), race links (race.htm - gotta switch this to raceacc.htm), and law links (lawacc.htm) And put them all on navigation section under Topical References and Resources. Now I ought to be able to fit all our files into this new naviagation section, so we can find them. Then I'm gonna go visit Project Cool and make the whole navigation section look pretty. After it works.
- Added Lecture notes and exercise for criminal justice. #4 moral alchemy and the media. Link from crim just and social change.
- Created intlink.htm, intlink1.htm, and intlink2.htm. Not all links properly transferred to them yet. But had some criminal justice work to put up. Put themin hldng.htm. intlink1.htm is introductory. intlink2 will have Berkeley links and Project Cool for beginning web pages.
- January 21, 1999
- Moved Indentity and Discourse in Relational Context off home page to voice.htm. Linked it to voice.htm. Indexed self and relationships to the essay.
- Added Alaska wildlife video to museum.htm file. Link through museums and galleries.
- Created a letrecfrm.htm file on how to do letters of recommendation. Just the start of it now, but will be good for starting classes. Linked on Phi Kappa Phi announcement of fellowship on What's New page, and linked in index. Will also be linked to writing.htm. Not yet. Soon. Nag me.
- January 20, 1999
- Added Project Cool to Internet Support. Go also to netacc.htm for more help. Will put up new file shortly on basic site use. Give me a couple of days, please.
- Transferred sites to Wisconsin site last night. Tested some links, but must be some where I neglected to transfer an image. Let me know.
- January 19, 1999
- Added Center for Budget and Policy Priorities to both race and gender files. Also added to whatnew.htm. And included "taxes and the poor" in the index. Looking at the Board of Directors, and in a quick overview of the articles, this seems a fairly well balanced site, with much needed analysis. It will take considerable study by us all to decide how much faith we wish to place in the measurements chosen and the analysis itself.
- Yesterday put up new Older Adult Center material, using Project Gool. Put up links.
- Set up music files - having minor software problems, but ready to use music on site pages.
- New piece on interdependence and community. In new file, interdep.htm, which is linked to default.htm, interdependence under concepts.
- January 17, 1999
- Updated templart.htm. I don't think it has a link on main page. You'll have to call up the file. Will put up link soon. . . . promises, promises, . . .
- Didn't even have time to keep up site additions last couple of days. Working on music files. Prof. Dave Bradfield, from our music department, explained that we need to set the main site server on MIME to accept the .wav files with which the music is recorded. The soclink server is so set. They are very different servers, and I do not know how easy that will be to reset. For those of you who have been asking to put music on your pages, we are at least moving in the direction of being able to do so.
- Finally put up Pat Acone's advising page. Link to it from the Advising button on Site guide, right under the main menu bar on homepage. Be sure to e-mail Pat. She'll be adding to the site as you need things. Wisconsin, Pat will also be connecting with UWP to add the information you need, too.
- Put up a very preliminary page for the Older Adult Center. The new director, P.J. Robinson, who is a dh staff member, will coordinate that page. Watch for events, watch for who's available when. Our Older Adult Center provides a lot of support to all of us, young, middle, and old. Link on site guide right below main menu bar.
- Put up Go to the Web and Do Stuff, a revised paper with updated information on dh activities. Link through Features to Papers Available on Site to Faculty Papers
- Put up first section of text on Moot Court. Link through Moot Court 1999 on homepage.
- Added Bodleian Library at Oxford to museum sites. Have some wonderful manuscript illustrations. They give them in large size. They even give permission for you to make an individual copy.
- Added on art history dept. at Univ. of Wisc., Madison. Only thumbnails, but good information. These are on the museum page, but not yet on the January 1999 list. Just scroll below that list on the museums.htm page and you'll find these linkgs. Link to museum page by FEATURES to Museums and Galleries