A Jeanne Site
Site Narrative in Reverse Chronological Order
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest update: May 24, 1999
Faculty on the Site.
Site History, March 29 to March 1, 1999
- Monday, March 29, 1999
- Added to whatnew.htm a virus alert and advice to parents about Kids and the Net. Or did I add the Kids last night? Sorry. At any rate, it's added.
- Sunday, March 28, 1999
- No post yet of narrative identity with interference in stages of narrative. Will get to it soon. Also no post yet of the IRA proposals. Will get to it tomorrow.
- Added to opportun.htm and to What's New criminal justice career options. Need to link through index.
- Added to What's New Bruce Umbaugh's advice to parents on Kids and the Net. Need to link to netacc and in index.
- Monday, March 22, 1999
- Added National Center on Institutions and Alternatives - A social work endeavor to jjacc.htm - the juv. delinq course page and linked under opportunities. Notice the job opportunities link - not a lot of choices - but could give you ideas on where to look.
- Added job opp. link to UWP's What's New, since UWP students have requested help on that. More to come. jeanne
- Added links that Pat Acone brought back on Academic Advising to What's New - nag me to add them to the advising page.
- Sunday, March 21, 1999.
- Added Gaddis' review of Kissinger's latest memoir to file on forgiveness. Link through the WHAT's New button. Could also link through CONCEPTS - forgiveness Didn't have time to add to concepts.htm, but added to index under forgiveness, Kissinger's memoir. Nag me. Also didn't have time to write in detail - just quoted paragraph.
- Updated the soca359.htm file for UWP and newuwp. This is an open invitation to UWP students to e-mail me directly if there are additional pieces you'd like on your New at UWP page. We've got another conference coming up. We're tired. It's time to nag for the pieces you want. One that is soon to come is on career opitions in helping people, both criminal justice and social welfare. I'll have material up as soon as I can manage.
- Put up new material on the Museum of Contemporary Art in San Diego. They have the Francis Bacon exhibit up, and have done a splendid job on the WEB. That means that UWP can at least access the exhibit. The exhibit is closing on March 28. Take the time to visit the site before then. Link through WHAT"S New. I didn't get to the museum page yet. But Bacon is in the site index now.
- Haven't got to the Baselitz book and forgiveness by Kissinger yet. They're coming later today. And, if not, nag me!
- Wednesday, March 17, 1999.
- Added this morning the OJJDP link on Juvenile Mentoring Report to Congress. Helps us fit varying perspectives of work with juveniles into the Habermasian theoretical framework. Link is at top of page on March 1999 links on Criminal Justice Class for CSUDH, crimjacc.htm, and on justacc.htm, Justice Links. This afternoon added the link to What's New. Also added a separate link to the Criminal Justice Class discussion on mentoring, especially commitment and valuing issues.
- Added the Western Social Science Association conference registration to the papers.htm, Papers Available on the Site.
- Added Dr. Person-Lynn's e-mail on Afrikan American History to probsrc.htm Access for now through What's New. Changed file to afrkhist.htm because that seemed to better fit the way the issue is developing.
- Friday, March 5, 1999
- Added link to Juvenile Delinquency Class page for Lecture Notes for exercise 5 and 6. Just the lecture notes are up. Use the questions on the lecture notes pages for the exercise. These notes will guide your reading through the first four chapters of Chesley-Lind and Shelden on girl gangs.
- Put up a sample e-mail on one of the SPSS exercises on identifying the meaning of the numbers in the SPSS data editor tables. "thnkself" and the "5".Find link under sample e-mails on the statacc.file, linked to through Class: intro stat link.
- Fall and Summer 1999 criminal justice schedules for UWP. On SOCA 359 page and on New at UWP link.
- Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- Put Chadwick Moore's project on drugs and Habermasian discourse on separate file, cjproj01.htm.
- Added Stan Cameron's peer review comments on Chadwick's project to cjproj01.htm File can be linked through the Crim Justice Class page and through Criminal Justice Links.
- Added our new Webwork to UWP class list. And added stclaim.htm - the online material on how do do these projects, which we are calling "Webworks", as Adam Gruen named them.
- Monday, March 1, 1999
- Put up critical psych and action research conference - good definitions of critical theory - shows how conference is set up - and relates to intertextuality. On what's new, on intertxt.htm, on stclaim.htm, and on opportun.htm.