A Justice Site
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: March 30, 2001
Latest update: March 30, 2001
Story to go up shortly of how we have been using painting in oils as a class project to free our imaginaries. Illustrative paintings and comments are in the process of being prepared.
There will also be a theory section on how dominant discourse constrains the imaginary, limiting both the readiness with which we see alternatives and the extent to which alternatives, when we do see them, are tied to the words that belong to dominant discourse and are excluded by those who have decided they "know" what alternatives there are and should be.
- Henry and Milovanovic, Constructive Theory
- Gayatri Spivak, Critique of Postcolonial Theory
- Tim Wise, School Shootings and White Denial
- Structural violence and personal violence
- Hockenberry's Codes of Silence
- On Not Excluding Others
- Jonathan Lear's Theory on "Knowingness"
- Freire's Circles of Certainty
- Milton Rokeach's Open and Closed Mind
- Hirschman's Rhetoric of Reaction
Essay with coneptual linking needs to go up. Will try for Monday, April 2, 2001. jeanne