A Justice Site
CSUDH - Habermas - UWP
Caliifornia State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: August 31, 2001
Latest Update: September 8, 2001
External Universal Resource Locators:
Universal Resource Locators (URLs) work with any browser linked to the World Wide Web. The "http://" tells you that the file is in Hypertext Mark Language (html), so that you need a browser to read it. The next section of the URL, "www.csudh.edu" identifies the server on which the site resides. The next section of the URL identifies the directory/ies on which the site files reside. And the final section of the URL identifies the file you are reading. Each time you link on an URL you are likely to change websites. You'll need to be aware of this in order not to get lost.
This is an alphabetical index of websites we use frequently.
- Chicago Tribune - http://www.chicagotribune.com/
- Dictionary, Merriam-Webster Online - http://www.m-w.com
- Los Angeles Times - http://www.latimes.com
- National Geographic - http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm
- The National Constitution Center - http://www.constitutioncenter.org
- National Geographic for KIDS - http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngforkids/index.html
- New York Timeshttp://www.nytimes.com
- Progressive Sociologists Net (PSN) Chronological Index - http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/psn/2001/
- Transcend Art and Peace - http://www.succ.soka.ac.jp/~our/TAP.html
- Virtual Faculty - http://www.massey.ac.nz/~alock//virtual/
- The Washington Post - http://www.washingtonpost.com/
Relative Universal Resource Locators:
Relative URLS work only within the Dear Habermas Site itself because they don't have the whole hyper text markup language (html) locator for the Site. Notice they don't have the "http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas" or the "http://www.uwp.edu/academic/criminal.justice" or the "http://www.habermas.org". You'd have to add that in front of the file name of the Relative URL to access one of these files if you are not on one our mirrror sites.
- Archive of Weekly Issues - jcls.htm
- Concept Index: - cncptindx.htm
- Daily Site Additions - siteadd.htm
- Essay Index - essayindx.htm
- Fair Use Statement and University Disclaimer - disclaim.htm
- How to Navigate the Site - sitemanual.htm
- Lecture Notes - lecnotes.htm
- Site Index - siteindxaj.htm or siteindxkz.htm
Index is currently split between two files.
- Site Manual - sitemanual.htm
- Site Map - sitemap.htm
- Site Stats - default.htm#sitestats
Sitestats is an internal page link on the default.htm file. It will take you directly to the site stats.
- Vocabulary Index - vocabindx.htm