PMP Microsoft Project
This course is designed to give students an understanding and confidence using Microsoft Project 2010 by providing individual, hands-on participation in the demonstration of the software features and functions. The course focuses on CPM scheduling, with breif references to Critical Chain and Agile project management methodologies as they might be implemented with Microsoft Project 2010. Students will perform all the features and functions demonstrated as well as perform individual exercises to reinforce the material.
What You Will Learn
Students will learn how to create schedules, develop cost-loaded baselines, track progress and produce meaningful reports for stakeholders, as well as customize the software to their preferences.
Who Should Attend
• Students of the Project Management (PMX) and Construction Project Management (CMX) certificate programs who need training in the software.
• Individuals who wish to gain proficiency in using Microsoft Project.
• Individuals who wish to enter the project management profession at the entry level with scheduling software knowledge.
• Individuals who wish to train their project management and scheduling/planning staff in the proficiency of Microsoft Project
• Students who wish to learn how to configure Microsoft Project for compliance with PMI’s PMBOK® Guide and Practice Standard for Scheduling.
Students should have a general understanding of computers. Experience with Microsoft Office Tools is a plus.
Students will have an opportunity to create a project plan, track progress and design and print reports.
PMX 951 PMP Microsoft Project
Dates: 4/6/14 - 5/11/14
Day/Time: Sunday, 9am - Noon
Location: EE 1202
Microsoft Project 2010 Scheduling and Software Training Guide
Available in the University Bookstore, required for all class meetings.
For furhter information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-243-3741.