School of Nursing
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
For more information related to the School of Nursing, please contact Cathy Crandall: 310-243 -3426
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
All School of Nursing (SON) students are required to have access to the Internet with e-mail and web search capability.
- 60 or more transferable college units (70 semester units/105 quarter units maximum accepted from community colleges and 96 units from a four-year institution)
- Current RN licensure in the United States or an RN interim permit
- College GPA of at least 2.0
- Completion of basic General Education (G.E.) courses (12 units)
(If is recommended that students obtain G.E. certification from a community college prior to admissions)
- English Composition (3 units)
- Critical Thinking/Logic (3 units)
- Oral Communications (3 units)
- GE Math/Quantitative Reasoning (3 units)
If you meet the above requirements, you can apply online by going http://www.csumentor.edu
- The nursing major code for CSU Dominguez Hills is #12031.
- The cost to apply is $55.00. If you are applying after November 1 for Spring semester, or after April 1 for Fall semester, include a $15 late fee.
- Have your sealed official transcripts sent to CSUDH Admissions & Records Office.
- Send the Nursing department a copy of your current RN license.
Catalog Info: http://www.csudh.edu/academicaffairs/StudentInformation/UniversityCatalog.html
School of Nursing: http://www.csudh.edu/hhs/son
If you have any questions please call the College of Professional Studies, Student Services Center at 310-243-2120.
HOW TO BEGIN:
- Bookmark and familiarize yourself with the School of Nursing website: www.csudh.edu/hhs/son
- Participate in an Information Session teleconference if you have further questions after reviewing our packet. Contact the Student Services Center via phone or email to reserve a space for the teleconference 800-344-5484. The Information Session dates are listed on the following website: www.csudh.edu/hhs/son/INFOSESSION.htm
- Submit a University Admission Application with a $55.00 (non-refundable) application fee, which can be found at www.csumentor.edu.
- Fall application deadline April 1
- Spring application deadline November 1
- Summer application deadline March 1
A $15 late fee will be assessed if the completed Admissions application and ALL transcripts are not received PRIOR to deadline date. Applications will not be reviewed until ALL transcripts have been submitted.
- An official transcript is required from each college or university attended. Send transcripts directly to Admissions and Records, NOT to Nursing. Additionally, request a copy to be sent directly to you for your personal portfolio and for use your advisor in developing a Program of Study. Transcripts should be ordered at least 4 weeks prior to the respective deadline date, and it is strongly suggested that prior schools send all transcripts directly to you so can forward them to CSUDH Admissions and Records office directly. Transcripts are “official” as long as they are not opened.
- Submit a copy of your R.N. License directly to the Nursing department via mail or you may fax it to 310-516-3542.
At any time, you may check your application status by calling 310-243-3645 or via MY CSUDH. Because the application process takes about six to eight weeks, it is strongly suggested that you check your application status three to four weeks after submission to ensure that your materials are being processed. If you are admitted to the University, you will receive a transcript summary of your General Education courses along with your acceptance letter. This summary is necessary for the BSN 302 course required during your first semester. Contact the University Advising Center at 310-243-3538 should you have questions regarding G.E. courses. Be sure to indicate that you are a Nursing student, as there are some Nursing courses that count toward G.E. units.