Admission to the Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) is limited, competitive, and based on meeting all of the criteria. The ATEP faculty/staff will make the final selection of candidates following their interview.
To be accepted into the ATEP, students must complete the following requirements.
1. Prior to applying to the ATEP, students must be admitted to California State University Dominguez Hills.
2. Complete the ATEP application form (see the requirements below).
3. Application deadline is May 10 for the Fall Semester (once a year).
4. Complete the interview process.
1. Completion of the following prerequisite courses (or concurrent registration at the time of application) with a grade of “B” or higher:
- BIO 250 Elements of Human Anatomy and Physiology (or equivalent)
- BIO 251 Elements of Human Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory (or equivalent)
- KIN 360 Prevention and Treatment of Athletic Injuries (must be taken at CSUDH)
- KIN 363 Principles of Athletic Training Laboratory (must be taken at CSUDH)
- KIN 375 Clinical Experience I (must be taken at CSUDH)
2. A Minimum of 2.75 Overall GPA.
3. Official Transcript(s)
4. Application Form.
5. Application Statement.
6. Completion of a Minimum of 50 Hours of Observation in Assigned Clinical Locations.
7. Current First Aid and CPR certification.
8. Two Letters of Recommendation (one letter must be from an ATC).
9. Physical Exam Form (record within 6 months prior to application).
10. Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination or Waiver Form.
11. Technical Standards Form.
After your application is accepted, you will be invited to participate in an interview. Interview Process:
1. The interview time is during the final week of the Spring Semester (week prior to final exams).
2. The interview committee will consist of athletic training faculty and staff.
Students will be evaluated by the following criteria:1. Overall GPA 25%
2. Prerequisite Courses GPA 25%
3. Letters of Recommendation 25%
4. Interview 25%
Transfer Student Requirements:
Application requirements and processes are the same as for CSUDH students. All transfer students must provide copies of the following:
1. All syllabi for courses requested for transfer.
2. Printed course descriptions requested for transfer (from University/College catalog).