School of Nursing
School of Nursing
Location: Welch Hall
For more information related to the School of Nursing, please contact Cathy Crandall: 310-243 -3426
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Dear Prospective Student,
Thank you for your inquiry into CSUDH’s RN to BSN program. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing curriculum is for registered nurses who are adult learners whose time, lifestyles or work schedules make it difficult to complete a traditional course of study in residence on a campus. All BSN courses, including clinical role performance courses, are offered online through the Internet to deliver the curriculum wherever and whenever the student is ready to learn. The courses must be completed within the semester, but students have the flexibility of accessing the courses at the time and place most convenient to them for completing assignments by the due dates. Some online courses may require students to take part in onsite class, either on campus or at selected sites throughout California.
- Design competent, caring professional nursing care for individuals, families and populations across the health continuum in a variety of community based settings and institutions.
- Integrate knowledge from the physical and behavioral sciences, informatics, and the humanities into professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in providing care and working with others.
- Implement health promotion and disease prevention plans for individuals, families and populations.
- Use theories and evidence-based research findings in professional nursing practice.
- Form collaborative relationships to improve professional nursing practice and the quality of healthcare for all.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional nursing values.
- Participate in political regulatory processes to influence healthcare systems and policy.
- Exhibit effective communication skills for professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to a lifelong learning plan.
Approved 12/10/02 by DON faculty