Sigma Theta Tau International Odyssey Conference 2008
"A Call to Promote Knowledge, Leadership and Service"
October 23 & 24, 2008
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel
- Promote the goals of the society, to increase nurse leaders and scholars.
- Provide an avenue for dissemination of research, clinical, and educational topics.
- Utilize role models to encourage excellence in students and colleagues of nursing.
- Increase networking opportunities and promote collegiality among local chapters.
- Encourage nurses to spread their influence globally to effect positive health care change.
Student Stipend Award for Odyssey Research Conference
Xi Theta Chapter #342 of Sigma Theta Tau International will be joining eleven (11) other Southern California chapters in hosting the Odyssey Nursing Research Conference on October 23 & 24 at the Sheraton Hotel in Cerritos, CA. The Odyssey conference flyer is attached.
Xi Theta has funds to sponsor two (2) students for stipends of up to $300 each to cover registration and allowable travel expenses for this 2-day conference. The invitation to apply for this stipend is extended to BSN and MSN students at CSUDH, and all members of Xi Theta who are students.
The Research Committee of Xi Theta will be making award recommendations to the Xi Theta Board at the October 1st meeting.
Please submit your application letter and essay by Monday, Sept 22nd to:
Enna Trevathan, Research Scholarship and Awards Committee
To apply for this award, applicants should write a two-paragraph essay answering these two questions:
- How will this conference be beneficial to you?
- What do you hope to accomplish by attending this conference?
After attending the two-day conference award recipients will write and submit a 500-word essay for the Xi Theta newsletter summarizing the various topics/activities and knowledge gained.
Award recipients will submit original receipts for reimbursement. This award can be used for registration, hotel, mileage, airfare, and meals. Further details for award recipients will be provided.