Study Abroad Programs
California State University at Dominguez Hills offers multiple study abroad programs and teaching abroad opportunities.
CSU International Programs (IP)
• IP is the overseas study program of the CSU system, affiliated with over 70 institutions of higher learning in 17 countries.
• Full academic year programs in a variety of majors, with articulation with CSUDH courses and most majors.
• Students pay CSU fees, plus travel and living expenses.
• CSUDH financial aid is fully applicable to IP study programs.
• Most programs require a 2.75 GPA, but some require a 3.00 GPA. Students need two faculty recommendations and, when appropriate, foreign language ability.
• Application deadline for most countries is February 1. Applications are available in the IEC office begining Octobor of each year.
• Learn language programs are available in France, Germany, and Mexico.
IP offers courses in the following 17 countries
• New Zealand
• United Kingdom
University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC)
• Based at the University of Nevada, USAC offers semester programs in Australia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Italy, Malta, New Zealand, Scotland, Spain, and Thailand.
• Summer Programs are available in China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Thailand.
•Students pay USAC tuition (typically between $2,000 - 6,000), plus travel and living expenses abroad.
• CSUDH financial aid is fully applicable.
• Students should have a 2.50 GPA and be in good acadmeic standing.
Some programs require a 3.00 GPA. Students will be admitted on a "first-come,
Additional Consortial Overseas Studies Opportunities
CSUDH campus-based Overseas Programs
CSU Sister Campus Overseas Study Programs
• Many CSU campuses offer semester and summer study abroad programs in a number of countries
• CSUDH students may register as visitors at sister campuses, enroll in these programs, and receive transferable credit.
The J.E.T Program
The J.E.T program is sponsored by the Japanese government, which seeks to recruit individuals to serve as teaching assistants for English in Japanese schools. Those selected are paid a tax-free salary of about $35,000 per year. The contract is for one year and can be extended annually. Students must be graduates and less than 35 years of age. This is a great opportunity for those who want international experience, especially those thinking about careers in the international arena. Deadline for this opportunity is December 1st of each year.
A number of students inquire about teaching abroad. Credentialed teachers are eligible to apply to the following organizations:
• European Council of International Schools
• American International Schools
The IEC office at CSUDH is located in the Small College Complex, SCC 136A. For any additional information or further questiongs regarding our programs, stop by our office during our walk-in hours for an advisory session appointment.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
International Education Center, SCC 136A
1000 E.Victoria Street, Carson, CA 90747