Enhanced Technology Classrooms (ETCs)
Questions or Problems with a Smart Classroom
Contact Michael Little at (310) 243-2710, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enhanced Technology Classrooms (ETC) are installed and supported by Instructional Technology. The "smart" classrooms are equipped with the following state-of-the-art equipment:
- A podium, which contains:
- An onboard Dell computer with floppy, CD and DVD capability, a 17" monitor, keyboard and mouse
- Plug-ins for a laptop computer including signal to the projector, audio and network connections
- Two network connections (one for the onboard computer and one for the laptop)
- A VHS machine or VHS/DVD Player Combination Unit
- A powered speaker system for high quality sound
- A "SmartPanel," which allows for the switching of inputs (onboard computer, laptop and VHS) to the ceiling-mounted projector and the control of volume from each of the sources.
- A document camera, providing a high-quality image of print materials, small objects and transparencies (when backed with a sheet of paper). Instructions:
- Turn the camera on (switch is on the camera).
- To select the document camera, press the "Doc Cam" button on the SmartPanel.
- To enlarge the image, lower the arm which contains the camera.