Information Security Office
The CSUDH Information Security Office (ISO) supports the central mission of the University by assuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its information and information systems.
The ISO is responsible for the security of all protected information collected, used, maintained, or released by the University as well as assuring campus compliance with federal, state, California State University (CSU), and CSUDH information security mandates.
The ISO is responsible for implementing the development of campuswide information security strategies such as the development, implementation, and management of an information security management program for the entire University.
The ISO researches and evaluates procedural and technical solutions that can be applied on the campus networks, manages the University’s response to security incidents, and maintains configuration control of security devices and software applied to centralized network and systems supporting the University.
The ISO reports directly to the University’s Associate Vice President of Information Technology/CIO and is a member of the Information Technology leadership team. The ISO works in collaboration with other managers in Information Technology and from other divisions to support the University mission. Contact ISO Alexander Harwood.
- Federal Information Security Standards
- California Information Security Offices
- California State University (CSU) Information Security Standards
- CSUDH Policies and Standards
- CSUDH Information Security, PM 2007-02, dated February 5, 2007
- Red Flags compliance
- Technology Advisory Council resources
- Use of Information Technology Services and Resources and Electronic Mail Systems or Services, PM 2009-12, dated 11/05/2009 (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
- Server Policies & Procedures
- IT Server/Network Device Patch Management Procedures and Guidelines
- Upgrade Management