Technical System Requirements
The following is a list of the computing requirements that
you will need to be able to successfully participate in a
Division of Nursing course.
PC Minimum Equipment
- Windows 95, 98, or NT
- 120 MHz Pentium Processor
- 32 MB RAM
- 28.8 kbps Modem
- 18-bit or better Sound Card and Speakers
- 65,000-color of better video display card
- Windows 2000 or ME
- Pentium II Processor or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 56 kbps Modem or Cable/DSL if available in your community
Internet Access - You will need to have a reliable
connection to the Internet. You can set up a connection to
the Internet by signing up with an Internet Service Provider
Web Browsers - You will need to have a relatively
new version of either Internet Explorer or Netscape to access
your online courses. The recommended browser is Internet Explorer
5.0 or higher.
Email - You will need to have an email account. Most
ISPs will provide you with an email account as part of their
Internet access package. You can also use free email services
such as Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail. However, free services limit
the amount of disk storage and may prohibit transfer of larger
- Word Processor Program: Please note that faculty at Division
of Nursing use Microsoft Word (Office 2000).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: This free software is necessary
to view portable document format files (.pdf) that will
be posted for you throughout the course.
- Antivirus Protection Software