Master of Science Quality Assurance
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
Quality Assurance is an interdisciplinary applied science profession practiced by trained professional practitioners who are responsible for the establishing systems and standards that assure products and services are provide with consistency and in conformance to established industry and regulatory requirements. Students studying in this program will be able to identify and utilize various quality improvement tools and methodologies as directly related to companies and industries of their choice. The education they will obtain through this program will prepare them to become leading practitioners in any of a large number of technical and specialized functions as required by specific industry needs. This program is modeled by the various bodies of knowledge established by the American Society for Quality Body of Knowledge. The program goals that follow are derived from this mission statement.
THE PROGRAM’S MISSION/GOALS
- Apply advanced principles and tools from quality and measurement science to problem solving and measuring reliability and performance in production and service industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate problems processes and solutions to management and external audiences using technical and business communications.
- Evaluate complex, integrated organizational systems and processes in order to recognize and measure system failures scientifically, synthesize data and form solutions.
- Explain (in technical and non-technical terms) measurement uncertainty and errors by using advanced methods from dimensional, electrical and physical metrology and develop solutions to minimize these errors.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research using primary and secondary sources, analyze information, interpret data, draw conclusions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Quality professional, including staying abreast the ASQ Body of Knowledge and industry standards.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics, science and quality concept to solve problems.
- Design a quality system, component, experiment, or process to meet industry standards.
- Identify, formulate and solve quality problems involving physical, human, and economic parameters.