Advanced Safety & Health Certificate
To be awarded the CSUDH Advanced Safety & Health Certificate participants must complete both OSHA 510 or 511, OSHA 521 and five eligible electives (see list below). At least three of the courses, including the final two, must be completed through the CSUDH OTI Education Center.
Courses taken through the Chicago based OSHA Training Institute or other official OSHA Training Institute Education Centers can be used to fulfill up to four of the courses required for the CSUDH Advanced Safety & Health Certificate if they were completed within two years prior to the participant’s official “certificate enrollment date” or no later than three years after this date.
All coursework must be completed within three years after the official “certificate enrollment date.” The official “certificate enrollment date” is the first day of the first CSUDH OTI Education Center Certificate class the participant wishes to count towards the Certificate.
When a participant has completed the entire certificate they must fill out an official Certificate Application form. The form is handed out in all CSUDH Classes, and is also available by request here. Participants must provide copies of all official OTI Course Certificates to be included in the CSUDH Advanced Safety & Health Certificate. ALL COURSES MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN A 5 YEAR PERIOD (2 years prior to your “certificate enrollment date” to 3 years after this date).
- OSHA 510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry or 511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
- OSHA 521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
CERTIFICATE ELECTIVES (Complete five)
- OSHA 2015 Hazardous Materials
- OSHA 2045 Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards
- OSHA 2225 Respiratory Protection
- OSHA 2250 Principles of Ergonomics Applied to Work-Related Musculoskeletal and Nerve Disorders
- OSHA 2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
- OSHA 3010 Excavation, Trenching and Soil Mechanics
- OSHA 3095 Electrical Standards
- OSHA 3110 Fall Arrest Systems
- OSHA 6000 Collateral Duty for Federal Employees
- OSHA 500 Construction Train-the-Trainer
- OSHA 501 General Industry Train-the-Trainer
- OSHA 5109 Cal-OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 5119 Cal-OSHA Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 5400 Maritime Industry Train-the-Trainer
- OSHA 5600 Disaster Site Worker – Train-the-Trainer
- OSHA 7505 Accident/Mishap Investigation Utilizing the Human Factors Analysis & Classification System (HFACS) and Standard Data (Common Lanague for all Mishaps) IAW DoDI 6055.07 June 6, 2011
- EM 385-1-1 Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Course for Contractors
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER