OSHA 2045 - Introduction to Machinery and Machine Safeguarding (OSX 956)
This shortened version of OTI #2040 familiarizes the student with various types of common machinery and the related safety standards. Guidance is provided in the hazards associated with various kinds of machinery and the control of hazards include mechanical motions and actions created by points of operation and other machinery process. Also included is hands-on-training in the laboratories.
Minimum contact hours: 26
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recognize and identify various machines.
- Identify basic machinery terms.
- Recommend selected abatement methods.
- Use the appropriate OSHA standards.
You will take home:
- A complimentary copy of 29 CFR 1910.
- A detailed work manual. After the course, it becomes a valuable reference that helps to implement the skills learned from this course.
|Dates||Time||Meetings||Location||Fee||CSUDH CRS #|
|3/9-10, 16-17||8 am - 5 pm||4||CSUDH||$725||TBA|
|9/16-19||8 am - 5 pm||4||Riverside||$725||TBA|
ABIH has previously awarded CM credit for this course. The course contains 30 hours which can be claimed for CM credit.